Monday, April 25, 2011

Stepfamily theme

I am changing the direction of this blog slightly.  The focus has been on my own walk up till now, and there will obviously still be elements of that in here.  I want to mainly focus on our family journey from two fractured families, to (hopefully), one large healed family.

So...brief background.  DH is 42 and has been a Christian since he was old enough to know what one was.  I am 34 and have been saved since I was 15 years old.  We were both married for over a decade, he has five children and I have four. Yes, nine children altogether :) my four live with us and don't really have contact with their father, his five all now live with their mother five hours drive away.

We married three months ago and it has been TOUGH!!!  It's not really the kids that have been the problem, but me.  I am battling memories, expectations, emotions, tiredness.....praise God I am married to a patient man LOL! 

I would love to hear from any others out there who are walking this slightly different but rewarding road.  Godbless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have no expectations then you avoid dissapointment. You have married someone special who you can talk and walk through the memories in order to heal. A successful marriage is hard work and I dont think it matters if it is your first, second or tenth! Tiredness means you are trying to do too much - sit down and relax with your new husband and family